Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Elder McCade Tracy




December 15, 2014 at 1:27


Yup, another week has come and gone just like that!  I'm really happy to be with Elder Beecroft for my last two transfers :)  It's been really fun to serve around him again, he came into the mission during my last transfer in Algonquin, so we've gotten to know each other a little bit during that time. We're getting along pretty well, it's a bit stressful having to plan everything for these first couple weeks, because he doesn't know the area very much right now. Yes, he's from the Seattle area of Washington State, that's cool that you all chatted for a little bit. He's been out for about 16 months, the Sisters that came out with him go home with me, he really knows his stuff and relates to people really well!
Yes! I got the package for the 12 Days of Christmas, I was wondering if the ones that just have Cade on them are they for opening now or waiting until Christmas? Yes, the shoes fit perfectly! Thank you so much for everything that you do! I did not open all the gifts this year, I'm being good and waiting for the next day to open the 12 days and not opening anything else right now :)
Karen is still progressing, but not very quickly right now, sadly we've had to drop her date for right now because of some unseen concerns that she's working with the Bishop to resolve. She'll get baptized either in January or February, and more than likely we'll also have her oldest daughter named Chloe and she's 10. 
There's not too many others that are progressing, we've got a few more that we're beginning to work with closely, we started working with Anthony and Samacia once again. After a really good/ throw down lesson, they kept their commitment and came to Church!  They made some good connections with members here, and are planning to come back again next week!!  We'll see how long they keep their promises and follow through.  As of right now, I do not have any info on when we will be Skyping home, I will let you know as soon as possible and we'll get it all worked out.  I emailed Tre to start figuring our schedules, so that we don't over lap and call at the same time :)
I know that you want to meet the people that I've taught and gotten to know during my mission. I'm not opposed to having you pick me up.  When I realized that I would be coming home on Boden's birthday, I began to plan what I could do to make it a special day, not only for me, but for Boden as well.  We've got a few months until this is set in stone, so we can discuss during the call on Christmas, and as the final days get closer.
High for the week - This week it was kind of interesting, because during one of our lessons on Saturday, I was compelled by the Spirit to speak as Elder Holland does during most of his talks in Conference :)  This was with Anthony and Samacia actually.  We reviewed the Restoration with them, and as we talked about the Priesthood and only needing to be baptized once with the Priesthood authority, they remembered that we had set a date with them for last Sunday to be baptized, but nothing happened after we set it.  Anthony then looked at me and said "It's your fault that it didn't happen!"  I immediately told him, by the Spirit of course, and because of the Spirit I don't remember all of what I said, "Being baptized isn't something that we do for kicks and giggles! It's something that has an eternal effect. Baptism by the Priesthood requires us to act, and you haven't done that. The only way that you'll gain an answer is by reading the Book of Mormon, praying about it, and coming to Church. Until you do those things, you will not be baptized." I did say more, but due to guidance of the Spirit, I cannot remember it all. It did work though, they both came to Church and loved it! The Spirit is awesome! I love being worthy of it, and being able to testify with such power and authority :)
Low - Having to drop our bapismal dates and just not having too much success in  this first week of the transfer.
My high for the week was the biggest thing that I learned about myself this week. Good to hear that Elle is starting to play volleyball, and you now get a fun time sitting on the bleachers again :) I'm looking forward to getting the DVD's this week, they won't make me trunky! I know that good things will come as my mission draws to a close in the next few months. Thank you for all that you have done for me during my life. I love you and miss you!

Love your Son and Missionary,
Elder McCade Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment