Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Friday, December 12, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman




Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:17

 Adventures of Elder Beckman!!

Hey Everyone so this week has been awesome! there has been so many cool stories and this week, I actually took some pictures for you guys to see! But it's gonna be awesome today!!  We got transfer calls and I am staying here in Cherry Grove so that will be 7.5 months here!   But it was pretty nuts!!  They are transferring 12 people out of my zone and so we are going to have a fresh new zone by this next week!  Ahh!!! it's gonna be awesome!

So this week was sweet it started off with a phone call from Deanna one of my recent converts saying she had her baby girl!!!  Her name is Leah!  It was so sweet!!  I drove to the hospital and got to talk with them and take some pictures but it is so amazing to see them have the gospel in their lives and the happiness it brings to them!  Ahh just a great feeling it brings! But there will be a picture of us later on in the email!





So next Story was my awesome trip down to Louisville Kentucky!!! So this last Friday, our mission got to go down to the Louisville Temple and got to spend some time down there and it was so great!  It is an awesome time to be a missionary and go to the temple!  The spirit is so strong there and it makes you never want to leave!  But it was great!!  I got to go with two of my favorite ward members and they took us out to lunch after and it was just a great time!






So Next story really makes me sound like my dad, in fact, after I said what I did I said to myself " I can't believe I just said that... now I really am sounding like my dad"  Ha ha ha but the story...
So this last week we were trying to get one of our investigators to come to mutual and we finally got him there after a ton of work just to get him to a church building!  So we told some of the youth that he was coming and that they needed to be there to help us out and things like that!  And one of the ones said to us that he didn't want to go and was debating with us whether or not he should go, and we told him that he can choose whatever he wants to do, but, I asked him "What is the right thing to do?"   So we left them all and about 30 mins later he shoots us this text saying " I am at mutual" and I said back to him, "That's awesome, Ben, sometimes in life we don't want to do things, like go to mutual or things like that. but by going, the Lord is going to bless you!"  It was at that moment I thought back through my life going to mutual and I thought... "Man I have had that conversation with my dad like 100 times!!"  Ha ha ha ha!!  But really though, I have learned so many things out here that is blessing my life and the lives of others!! It is truly amazing! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Well Family Friends, and other people cc'd into this email, I hope you all have an awesome day and go out and always have a smile on your face because life is awesome! so always remember that!

LOVE YA!

Elder Beckman

No comments:

Post a Comment