Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Elder Zach Beckman




Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:15

The LIfe of Elder Beckman

Hey everyone!!! So this last week was freaking awesome!!  There was so much fun stuff that happened in all so little time, but this was definitely one of the most fun weeks of my mission so far! 

So to start out... last Monday was one of the best PDAYS of my mission!! Ha ha ha!!  So we played hockey with some of the youth in my ward, but it was so sweet because we went to the church and set up all the tables in the whole building to make a huge square and then we played hockey in the gym!!  It was so sweet because it was seriously so last minute and we had so much fun!!




Next story was we had a general authority come and talk to us this last week!!  His name was Elder Anderson from the 2nd quorum of the 70!  And it was great!!  He talked to us about really applying the doctrine of Christ into our own lives, and it was just an awesome meeting!!  But, it was all the way up in Montgomery! (where Elder Seegmiller is), so we didn't want to wake up super early to go the the leadership meeting, so we got to stay with them in their apartment, with them and another set of missionaries!!  So that was so much fun!!  There was 7 of us all on the floor of their apartment and it was just a grand ole time as you can all imagine!!! Ha ha ha!!  Great times of the mission!

So this week we put an investigator Richard on Date for Baptism for Nov. 22nd and it will be awesome!  Richard is a huge guy, and he looks like a lumberjack!!  It is awesome!!  I will send some pictures next week when it happens!!  But ya, it was great week because we took him to the family history center, and he found some of his relatives are actually Mormon!!  So that was cool for him to see!  But ya, there are a couple of Investigators that we are really working with and will hopefully get baptized before the end of the year!! 

So hopefully you are all having a great week, but I want you all to know something, and that is that I know this church is true and it becomes more and more clear every week of my mission!  One of the things I have been working on most in my mission, is following and listening to the spirit in everything I do, and I have seen such a huge change in my life!!  It is amazing to see what God will do for you, if you just stop for a second and listen to what he has to say!  So if you all can keep his commandments everyday, He will bless you with the spirit in your life enough to where you feel the love of God everyday!! 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

~Keep Smiling~

Elder Beckman

                                                                       Winter in Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment