Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Elder Colton Wayne Richins



Mom,
This last week was a miraculous week in the Lisbon West zone as well as in the entire mission! This last week we hit the record of the most baptisms in one week that President Fluckiger has ever had in the mission! We had 44 baptisms this last week! 7 being from our zone! President Fluckiger called us this morning to congratulate our zone on the incredible month of March that we had! We ended the month with 18 baptisms in the zone! The most baptisms that this zone has ever seen! The highest number before this was 7 baptisms! So we were super grateful for the miracles that the Lord has performed in our zone! Me and Elder Denney had 2 baptisms this last weekend. Sandra, and Sofia. It was such a great day! Although with baptisms come LOTS of stress. And a stressful week/weekend it was! But it is now over and we are super grateful for our new recent converts! They are happy and Sofia's friend Lili is marked for the 13th of april! My last day on the mission! She went to her friend's baptism yesterday and was super happy, and said that she wanted to get baptized right then and there! Unfortunately she still has to come to church once more to qualify for baptism! The other elders of Sacavem also baptized 2 people! So the branch was super happy with all of the success that is coming! Now we are just hoping and praying that the branch will take over and take care of these recent converts of ours! 
Because the week was full of preparing these people for baptism I don't have a lot of news for you. But as last time, I will attach some pictures from the baptism! 





So now we are in preparations for goal setting and plan making for this next upcoming month! We have a goal of 16 baptisms for the 4 week month of april. Tomorrow we have mission council. It'll be my last mission council and I am looking forward to it! We will get to be accountable for the work done in our zone the last month, and we are very excited to present our zone! 
Other than that, this weekend I may be going to the wedding of a member in Lagos! Nelma, the lady who fed us every single day, will be getting married this weekend, and she called me and asked if I would attend her wedding, and sing at it. She herself called President Fluckiger about it, and president said that he would think about it! But after the amazing month that we had, I feel like he will allow me to go! I am really excited about that! The rest of the events leading up to the end of my mission, me and Elder Denney were asked by the Lisbon Stake President to present a training in a stake leadership training on missionary work. That will happen on the 12th of April. And then the 13th of April we will have Lili's baptism! Things are going great here! I could not be happier about the miracles that the Lord is doing among the people in Sacavem! We have great relationships with the branch, the investigators, and with the zone! The mission is a wonderful journey that has set the foundation for the rest of my life!
Next week will be the last time that you hear from me on the mission. The Monday after that will be my exit interview with President Fluckiger, and I will not be doing email that day! So I will talk to you for the last time by computer next Monday!
Thank you for helping me every step of the way! Thanks for all that you have done for me and the support and love that I have received! I love you and wish you the best week this week! Until next week!
I love you!

Elder Colton Wayne Richins


No comments:

Post a Comment