Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sister Sydney Burningham

                               This is how it's going to be folks, she doesn't like pictures, haha.



 Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Title:  Indexing and Vauda.


Hi Everyone!
The greatest thing happened this week, well it happens every week but I'm just going to tell you about it now. So we've been going over to the family history center weekly to do indexing, it is some of my most favorite memories of West Hills, the main consultant is Vauda, she is a hoot and so blunt and in love with family history work, which inspires me. We do indexing and every time we ask a question she is like the lady on Monsters Inc. that says "You didn't file your paperwork" but she says "Did you check the field help?  Check the field help!" It makes my life.  One of my newest goals upon my arrival home is doing way more family history/genealogy and temple work, because it is part of the work of salvation, a big part, I think all this stems from my studies on the millennium this week.  The church is so true.
As for our area and our people.  We got 3 new investigators which is wonderful, all of them have come from going through the area book to find people who have maybe slipped through the cracks.  So many we've met have been so receptive to the gospel, it's amazing, they even keep return appointments and look forward to us coming!  What a blessing.  The Lord knows what he's doing, we're just doing the best we can out here, and there are people prepared everywhere.  We also had dinner with this family who are the best on Easter, they took us in to be with their family on the holidays, which was so kind.  We were able to talk to their daughter about her desire to perhaps serve a mission, I just bore my testimony about the importance of the work of salvation and the gospel.  She really has a strong desire to go and the spirit was so strong as we were all bearing our testimonies, I love opportunities to share what my mission means to me. 
As a mission we have started reading the Book of Mormon together, our mission President, President Irion and his wife will be returning home after three years of service in Tennessee the 1st of July and so she wanted to read the Book of Mormon as a mission one more time before they go home, I have loved going back through again and again, finding new things each time, this week I was reading in Jacob 5 again, I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but it's my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon, and I learn so much everytime, as I was feeling a big down trodden the day I read it, I realized that I only have a short time left to be on a full time mission and I also realized our time is limited and that is why the Lord is hastening his work.  In Jacob chapter 5 verses 71 and 72 it says:
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.
 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments ofthe Lord of the vineyard in all things.

"We best serve our Father in Heaven by righteously influencing others and serving them.  The greatest example who ever walked the earth is our Savior, Jesus Christ. His mortal ministry was filled with teaching, serving, and loving others. He sat down with individuals who were judged to be unworthy of His companionship. He loved each of them. He discerned their needs and taught them His gospel. He invites us to follow His perfect example." -Richard G. Scott

I was reminded this week again of the Saviors love.  His Atonement, and his glorious resurrection, it's because of him we get to return home.  I have fallen in love with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all, thank you for everything!  Sorry I write so many words.  Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Burningham















This is what I look like during studies, always FREEZING cold. Enjoy this one, haha.





This is me looking kind of weird, but putting my red pin on the map downtown Knoxville has this cool map where you can leave your legacy, I'm all about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment