Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sister Sydney Burningham

Not the best picture of us haha, but this is my new companion we got Jet's pizza which is THE BEST pizza ever, the a family in my last area introduced me to it.


Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:14 AM   Acapella Medleys.


Family and Friends,
I love General Conference, that is it, I love it I love it I love it.  There is nothing better than sitting in front of the big screen watching and listening to our beloved prophet, the apostles and other general authorities of the church and being able to receive revelation for ourselves and for those that we are striving to help come unto Christ, nothing better I tell you.
This week Sister Sume and I made up a Medley of missionary songs and then sang it acapella for zone meeting, we had fun and built some unity, her voice is like unbelievably beautiful.
This week has gone by quickly, as for our area, we are not teaching very many people right now, we are trying to come up with new ideas for finding activities and striving to talk to as many people as we can.  The ones who were progressing are not progressing as we had initially hoped, but we know as we put our trust in the Lord he will bless us beyond our deserving of it.  West Hills is a beautiful area, it has a lot of apartment complex's, like a lot, I didn't know there could be so many in one place, haha.  The people here are wonderful and the ward is great!  They are so helpful and we are getting more and more team ups each week which we hope will continue to increase.  So happy about that!  It's just building up the area and our teaching pool, I hope and pray everyday that we will be lead to those who are searching and we will courageously follow the promptings of the spirit, we all as members of His church probably pray for that daily.  I have noticed as I study and learn of the Savior and his life and his church my testimony grows, my conversion deepens and I do have a greater desire to share what I've come to know, the Lord helps me everyday and I'm grateful he gave me the Gospel and the Atonement so that I don't have to dwell on my imperfections and I can be made clean and pure and be changed each day.
We had a training from an Elder in Zone Meeting this week and it really helped me understand the power and necessity of the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Often times we focus on baptism, which is important and necessary for salvation but often times we forget that baptism can give us a remission of our sins, yes, but after that we are endowed with God's power, and the Holy Ghost is what CHANGES us, it purifies us and sanctifies us, that is why it is necessary, without it's constant companionship we cannot and will not be able to quality for eternal life. 
One thing that I just wanted to express from conference is I think I'm beginning to understand the potential we all have and that we are eternal beings, we were with God before we came here, he knows us, we just have to strive to remember Him, to know Him. 
"In the hours following the Savior's crucifixion the apostles were consumed with despair and grief unable to understand what's just happened but one event changed all of that their Lord appeared to them and declared behold my hands and my feet that it is I myself.  When the Apostles recognized the Risen Christ when they experienced the glorious resurrection of their glorious Savior they became different men nothing could keep them from fulfilling their mission, they accepted with courage and determination the torture, humiliation, and even death that would come to them because of their testimony.  They were not deterred from praising and serving their Lord they changed the lives of people everywhere, they changed the world.  You do not need to see the Savior as the Apostles did to experience the same transformation, your testimony of Christ, born of the Holy Ghost can help you look past the disappointing endings in mortality and see the bright future that the Redeemer of the world has prepared.  In light of what we know of our eternal destiny is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life they seem unacceptable to us?  There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.  Why is this?  Because we are made of the stuff of eternity, we are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God." -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
I hope we can all remember who we are, and who our brothers and sister are, and help them return back home with us.  I love this work, I have a testimony of the Gospel and of the inexpressible love our Heavenly Father has for us. 
Sorry for such a long email, there were so many things this week that I wanted to share, thank you for everything I love you all so much!
Love,
Sister Burningham











I forgot to send this beauty.  All Sister Weight wanted for her birthday was to shove my face in a cake, so she got to,  I don't look that happy but it was hilarious.










1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this letter! Her growth and her testimony are awesome! There could not be a better message for Easter than her testimony that's highlighted in blue. This was the perfect thing for me to read today!

    ReplyDelete