Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Elder Dallin Stout





Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:19 PM

    So I forgot to mention last week that transfer calls had come. I am staying in Thousand Oaks and Elder Sandholtz is now a zone leader in Newbary Park. My new companion is Elder Wilson he is from Plano, Texas and is an awesome Elder. Its only been a week but we get along terrifically! I was very happy when I found out that I was staying! I love the ward here and the people that we have been teaching! So here are some highlights of the week.
     Monday
Elder Sandholtz and I taught Puru and Preeti a little about the plan of salvation. Elder Sandholtz invited them to be baptized and they said maybe.
     Tuesday
I got my new companion.
     Wednesday 
 We read Millie the baptismal interview questions to help her be prepared and help us know where she is at. We also taught Charles and took John with us to be a friend to him. Charles responded positively to investigating the church. President Castro called us and asked me about our situation with Madelene. I told him and he also called our Bishop for a second opinion.
     Thursday
We got word back from President Castro that if we feel Madelene is ready for baptism we can proceed to do so! 
     We taught Lito about tithing and fast offerings. He is currently paying tithing already to his church in the Philippines so it will not be a problem for him after he joins the church. He is continuing to read and pray about what to do about his family back home. 
     Friday
We taught Millie the gospel of Jesus Christ and finished teaching the other commandments. She is willing to keep and follow all of them to her best ability!
     Saturday
We went to a funeral for sister Sinclair who was in her 90's and had a boyfriend that she brought to church every week. A minister from another faith spoke there, his name was Reverend Smith. After the service Bro Doerfler got a plan of salvation pamphlet and Book Of Mormon from us. He then tackled Reverend Smith with Information and doctrine. We had a lesson with Puru and Preeti. They first explained to me how hard it would be for them to be baptized because of the culture they had been brought up in. We taught the Restoration to them. We watched The prophet of the restoration and explained why the Book Of Mormon is so important to us. They said that it was the best meeting so far and said they might eventually want to be baptized!  
     Sunday
We correlated with all our ward missionaries and arranged for them to come with us to lessons throughout the next week. We got a call from Luis, a guy I met over 3 months ago! Hopefully we can meet up with him soon. 
     We talked to Millie and asked her when she would like to be baptized. We have to change the date because the 19th is when we have a mission conference with Elder Nelson! She will tell us today when works for her. 

Love,
Elder Stout


No comments:

Post a Comment