Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Elder Brandon Wallis







I love being a Missionary! With the Thanksgiving season I feel it only appropriate to include some key things that I am thankful for. I'm thankful to be a full time representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. I'm thankful for the spirit that I feel when I do my part. I'm thankful for my family and the wonderful example they are to me and specifically to my parents for raising me in the Gospel. I'm thankful for my sister and for her uplifting personality. I'm grateful for my Church leaders and how much they have helped me in the past and how they continue to help me in the present. I'm also thankful for trials bikes... ; )

The work here in the town of Los Alamos has really been picking up. Enough so that the Lord has seen fit to call another set of Missionaries to work here as well! It'll be interesting and very exciting. This might be a small place, but there is still so much to do! We're getting more and more excited about the Johnson family. Scott, the father, and Jona, the son, have been participating in the lessons and it's been wonderful to see the change that has been going on in their home! The Church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is truly bringing them closer as a family. Marcella Walker is still doing well. She is convinced that she will get Baptized but is having trouble picking a specific date. The members have been very key in getting her interested in the Church and keeping commitments. We found a new investigator named Pete that we are very excited about. He is 49 and currently separated from his family. He neeeeeds the gospel!!! He is already a very religious guy and we're hoping that he will recognize the truth that is here in the Church of Jesus Christ.

I love this Church, and I love being a Missionary.

Love, Elder Wallis

No comments:

Post a Comment