Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sister Sydney Burningham






Family&Friends,

Happy Christmas from Tennessee, I hope it was wonderful for all of you!  I am so grateful I got to Skype you all and I loved every minute of it.  Sam, your voice is still so low I can't believe it and you have an incredible voice.  Mom, loving your hair long like that, adorable.  Dad, that beard, I sort of hope you keep it or at least grow it out again when I get home.  Willey, pretty much I love you so much.  And Brigster, keep being original and awesome.  I loved to see all of you and I'm so grateful for the family I've been blessed with.  This Christmas season I was especially grateful for my family being away from you all, you mean the world to me.

As for this week so much has happened. I suppose you want an update on this transfer, happening this Wednesday.  Sister Whitehead is leaving me to go be with someone else, we're not sure where or who with yet so I will keep you updated on her.  As for me, I will stay here in Chilhowee and still be a Sister Training Leader with a new one, so I supposed I am supposed to help her get used to the area and being a Sister Training Leader.  It'll be great fun.  I love this ward so I'm really excited I get to stay for at least six more weeks!  Not exactly sure who my companion will be but we will just trust in the Lord and go with it. 

As for our area and our people.  We had the MOST incredible lesson with the Kronick's.  We taught the plan of Salvation to Debbie and Chelsea, they had so many questions.  Chelsea was so excited about it she is planning on attending the ward in North Carolina.  She said "This makes the most sense to me out of anything I've ever learned about God or Jesus Christ."  She loves the gospel and she wants to be baptized.  Something about Chelsea is that she was married and had her daughter Rosalie.  Her husband Dan was a marine and was killed over seas.  She wants to know what happens to their little family and she just wants to have peace and happiness and she recognizes this is what is going to make her have the most peace and happiness.  It all just makes sense, I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Pre-Earth life and the knowledge that we are here to remember what we have already learned, the gospel has a familiar ring to it, especially to those who are prepared to receive it.  Amazing, I love that family with my whole soul.

Thank you for all the Christmas cards and gifts!  It meant so much to me and I'm so grateful for my family, I have the best family in the Universe. I'm really grateful for the new year coming up and all the new years resolutions.  I read this talk by Gene R. Cook titled Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, I recommend it.  He said something in there that really hit me, he says:

"The faithful ones will want to know the specific will of the Lord concerning themselves and then, in faith, discipline themselves to submit to his will."

All we have to give the Lord that he hasn't given us, is our will.  As we start the new year I really hope that we can all make an effort to align our will with the Lord's.  All he asks is that we try and put in our effort, he will bless us in all that we do.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ, I am grateful for his Atonement and that I am able to be forgiven for my mistakes and shortcomings through him and his sacrifice.  I am so blessed to be here serving in Tennessee, these people have a special place in my heart and I will be forever grateful for my time here.  Onto the next adventure with a new companion, wish me luck!

I hope you have a wonderful week, thank you again for everything!

Love,
Sister Burningham

The amazing Cupp Family.  Sister Whitehead and Elder Burnett said bye last night!


This is the amazing Toni Marler, she's my favoirte person.  She comes on team ups with us almost daily, wants to serve a mission this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment