Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Elder Bremen Acord




Heyyy family!

Last week was fun. Zone leaders council was on Wednesday. I wonder how much longer I will be going to zone leader councils for. President has to start training new zone leaders for the new mission president. I hope I have at least one more. I'm pretty sure that I will though. This last week we had interviews with President Oliveira. They went to everyone in the mission's house. That's 8 islands, 58 houses, 120 missionaries. Luckily, since Elder Darling and I were awesome, we probably have one of the cleanest houses in the mission. President and Sister Oliveira came in and said that we live in a Celestial house :) My interview was pretty good though, it was kind of weird though, he basically just complemented me the whole entire time saying how awesome I was and how good Elder Darling and I are doing. Which is a lot better than some of the interviews that I heard he had. Sometimes he is pretty rough haha that why it was strange to hear such nice words the whole time. IT was good though. We had our first baptism of the transfer finally and Kuka was baptized. She is sweet. She gave us a list of 72 people that we need to teach. This week we have a mom and a son that will get baptized, ConceiƧao and Fabio. They are super nice :) Okay, well I love you so much Family! I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving! Thanks a ton for putting some money in for me. I love you guys!!! 

9 days until Christmas!! I cannot wait to see you guys! First week with the new zone, area and comp. Varzea is a really strong ward. Definitely the strongest ward I have worked in. Almost everything works how it should. It makes our work as missionaries a LOT easier. In a lot of other areas sometimes it felt like I was just running the ward. Here, the ward handles everything, we just teach. Elder Gourgel is cool. It is different serving with an African and always speaking Portuguese, but it's sweet. We have been in a triple all week with Elder Pumbumua from Mozambique. It's been a very African filled week and its going to be a very African Christmas! haha 

Christmas plans for the zone? We had the Santiago Christmas party this last Tuesday, Christmas. I decided that I am going to spend my Christmas money to bless the lives of a couple of local families for Christmas. We will go buy some stuff for the kids and leave it at the door and run :) I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I am going to be a Christmas maniac when I am home. I love you all soooo much! 9 days until I get to see you on Skype!!!!! :)

Love,
Elder Acord

P.S. The picture was last weeks baptisms in Praia.  The two zones combined had 22 that week. This week both zones had 20. Before, Praias average has been 8-10. Things are picking up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment