Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Elder Justin Thiel

Dear family,
My new companions name is Elder Fuhriman and he's from Las Vegas. He's been out 21 months and is a little trunky.. for Thanksgiving we ate at lunch at a members home and had a Thanksgiving dinner there and we also had pie at another members home. It was pretty good although no one really wanted to talk to us on that day.
This week has been pretty slow out here in the mission field. Most of our investigators went out of town for the week so we didn't have much to do. My new companion said that he needed a gym to work out at so he wouldn't go crazy and I wanted to get back to the gym too, so now I have a membership at Gold's gym. We go in the mornings. It's really weird being the one who has to make all of the choices of where to go and who to see. It's kind of stressful but I'll get used to it.
One interesting thing that has happened this week was on Wednesday 2 interesting things happened. 1. In the morning a member called us and told us to stop by because he had a misson for us to accomplish. He handed us $100 and told us to go buy one of the members of the ward a Thanksgiving dinner. He handed us a list of things to buy and we bought everything. We dropped it off and their faces were priceless. With the change, he told us to go and buy lunch for ourselves. 2. We were trying to see one of our investigators and some random guys just drove up and handed us a cooked turkey. It was the strangest thing that I've ever seen. Because we already had somewhere to go on Thanksgiving, we decided to give it to one of the members in need. You should of seen the look on there face when we showed up with a cooked turkey to someones door who thought that they weren't going to get Thanksgiving this year. The Lord works in weird ways but I think that because we were able to answer someones prayer that evening.
On Sunday I prayed that the Lord would test my faith so that I could prove to Him that I will be his servant and not complain even in hard times. The whole day fell through... everyone we talked to wasn't interested in what we had to say. Haha I thought back to my prayer and I came to the conclusion that it might be best for me not to ask for trials of faith like that while on a mission, but hey I still didn't complain. Next time I will ask that everything goes well for the day because if the Lord can make me have a bad day then he can certainly make me have a good day.
So it was an interesting week but we had fun and were well fed. Hopefully I will be able to give this new elder a good last three months of his mission and that we will be able to continue the work unhindered. I'd like to thank you in advance for the package and for the Christmas stuff and I bet my new companion will like it.
During your next FHE watch either daily bread, in the 2013 mormon messages, a 3 part mormon message, or Patterns of light, located in the 2012 mormon messages, which is also a 3 part message. If you already have watched those then watch the new bible videos. I really like them as well.
I love all of you and hope that you all have a great week!
love,
Elder Thiel 

No comments:

Post a Comment