Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Elder Seth Garner






Merry Christmas!!
This has been such an amazing Christmas season! I can't even describe all of the feelings I have felt as I have pondered on the true meaning of Christmas and felt my Savior's love by helping others come closer to him... It has been a very tender experience for me. I think the most amazing thing I have been able to experience this month all involves Anthony Mwereru. I am SO grateful to have met this man. Once again, I feel an overwhelming love for him just like I have felt for past investigators and recent converts. It has been my favorite thing about serving a mission so far. There is nothing quite like it!


SO, with that being said... Anthony will be getting baptized this Saturday! Oh man, I can't even put words into this pathetic email that describe how happy I am! It has been quite the trip for Anthony this past month, having gone from not knowing anything about the church to committing to be baptized within less than a month. Anthony and his family have felt the Spirit of Christ this Christmas season FOR SURE. So many ward members have willingly helped out in any way that they can, giving furniture, gifts, food, and so much more. I am grateful to be apart of Christ's church! The love of Christ has been shared with Anthony and his family through faithful members of this church, because they know what it truly means to be a saint and a disciple of Christ.

We committed Anthony to live the Word of Wisdom a little over a week ago. He had a smoking problem that he was a little worried about. We took his cigarettes, gave him a priesthood blessing, and continually prayed for him to have the strength to conquer his addiction. Satan is a pretty sneaky guy, because the day after we gave him the blessing, Anthony started having back problems, so he has been inside for a couple of days. Anthony usually only smokes when he has nothing else to do. BUT, he has been able to stay faithful to his commitments, and has held strong! He had his baptismal interview last night, and he is good to go! Brother Lythgoe in our ward will be performing the baptism, and THAT is going to be an experience that I will never forget. Holy smokes I am so blessed! Best Christmas gift in the world! Haha, I am so excited for Anthony, and for his family as well! They will be at the baptism, and that will be quite the experience for them. Anthony has received so many blessings from the Gospel already, but I don't think he knows just how blessed his life will become after he is baptized and continues to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am grateful for my Savior. I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice that He made for me. What a wonderful time of year we have to celebrate His coming into the world to perform the Atonement! I know that He did that for all of us, so that we can be forgiven of our sins, overcome our weaknesses, and feel God's love. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
       Elder Garner

No comments:

Post a Comment