Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Elder Dallin Stout

On Monday, December 9, 2013 1:06 PM, Dallin Stout wrote:
So I met this guy that went to BYU and was there with Denis Pitta. My companion Elder Driggs went to Maple Mountain high school. He had a weight lifting class with the wrestling coach as the instructor and said how hard that class was. With that wrestling team being 41st in the nation I can understand why that is! 
Elder Driggs was sick Monday night and all day Tuesday. We went to a members home to give him a blessing. Other than that I spent the day reading the Book of Mormon. I was amazed at how much I read without ever getting tired or mentally zoning out, everything I read that day was about missionary work, I learned a lot about how the Lord works through us when we teach with the spirit, and trust that by the spirit we will know what to say. 
We had a surprise lesson with Mary on Saturday. We taught her about faith and how to act on it. She asked the question "so what is the next step?" I told her baptism. I explained that faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things. I certainly don't know everything there is to know! But by acting on what the Lord allows us to know we can come to a greater knowledge of things. We asked her to pray about baptism, and to bring that question in her heart when she comes to church. After church we had a lesson with her about how the Holy Ghost works. Our ward mission leader was present, and he showed her a Mormon message on his ipad with Elder Jeffery R. Holland explaining how the spirit works. The lesson eventually came to her son John (who received the Aaronic Priesthood last Sunday) bearing testimony about the church and saying "Elders lets answer her question about what the next step is". We invited her to be baptized on the 28th and she said YES!!!! We were late to the Christmas devotional, but we saw most of it. She later changed the date to the day after Christmas. I can't think of a better gift to God than by showing him we will follow the example of his Son by becoming a member of his church. She has had a very bad head injury in the past and a stroke. So its very hard for her to remember things. She accepted a priesthood blessing to heal her mind and help her remember what we teach her, I gave that to her and after she said she felt the spirit. Other than that Bishop Anderson and his family is very supportive of us and is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment