Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sister Sydney Burningham




Family and Friends,
Yes, Fragrant Cloud Lane is the name of a street close to our bishops house and like Magic Lantern Lane or something.  I love the street names here they crack me up.  There's really no grid system so I don't know where I am most of the time, and we all know I'm terrible with directions as it is, so the combination is just a disaster when I go on exchanges and have to be here without Sister Whitehead driving and directing us.  She's like a human GPS so that's cool.  I also realize that my street address back home is Pony Express Way so really I'm in the same category with all these people in Tennessee.  Today we went to the post office before emailing and met this way cool lady who really loves Christ, that's an everyday occurrence here, it's wonderful, got some nice Christmas Stamps. 
Sister Whitehead and I have been so happy about this Christmas time.  We see the lights and it makes us so happy.  We have this place in our apartment called Christmas corner, we have two trees, lights, a fireplace drawn on paper and hung up, a nativity scene.. etc.  We are just loving this Christmas season.  This month as a mission we are focusing on the finding section of preach my gospel.  Pretty pumped about that actually we are focusing on Asking for Referrals from Everyone and talking with everyone.  It has made the world of difference.  We love these people and love just inviting them to learn more, regardless of the outcome, because the faith is in the action, not in the result. 
I love being a missionary.  I love seeing others learn and grow and change their lives around.  I probably sound like a broken record when I say that but I really mean it.  My mission has changed my perspective on life and it's wonderful. 
I love the simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it's not complicated at all, we make it complicated. 
"Pray and go do as inspired." -President Howard W. Hunter
It's just that simple, trust the Lord that he will lead you to those who need help, who need strength and who need the gospel. 
We have zone conference and a Christmas party this week so we're pretty excited about that.  I think this Elder in our district is going to stand up and do impersonations of people for our talent, he's hilarious. 
Thank you for all the Christmas cards and gifts, Mom I got the package you sent and I'm excited for the other one! I wish the cheer and peace and happiness that comes during this time of the year as we reflect on the Savior's birth lasted all year long.  The best news is.. it can!  We just have to change our perspective a little on the most important things in life.
I love you all I hope you have a fantastic week!
\
Love,
Sister Burningham
3 Nephi 15:9

No comments:

Post a Comment