Come Follow Me

Come Follow Me
"And he saith unto them, "Come and follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matt. 4:19) As the New Year begins, we, the members of the Willow Wood Ward, invite you to Come and Follow Him!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Elder Dallin Stout






On Monday, November 25, 2013 1:28 PM, 
So something cool I found out that Will Smith lives really close, somewhere in Thousand Oaks. The people act like their living in Antarctica! they have snow coats! They look at us like we're insane to wear short sleeve shirts in 50 degree weather! My companion and I are running every morning trying to work off all the food members give us. even though we ride our bikes every other day up huge hill, it isn't enough!
This week we found a new investigator, her name is Crista. We taught her the restoration and some of the plan of salvation. She said she remembers the premortal life, and she talks about seeing spirits. So she has an interesting personality but she is very nice and open to learn more. 
We have been inviting lots of people and investigators to a Christmas party that our ward is having. Mary came to church this week and stayed longer than the first hour, that is great improvement for her. I was asked to give a talk about how we can become more charitable. I usually get a little nervous right before I talk, but I prayed for help and also to be inspired about what I should say to help the people in the congregation. I spoke comfortably and said a lot more than I had planned for and I could feel the Lord was helping me. It was a great experience to know that I can depend on him for anything and feel the spirit working through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment